KHA's Young People's Program Focus Group
If you are between 18 and 25 years and living with a diagnosis of kidney disease, we need your participation and help! Contact Stephen Anderson on 02 9299 4599 or at email@example.com for more info.
Kidney Community Newsletter - do you want to share you story?
Do you have a news item with photos etc. for our Kidney News? Email our editor Ali Hickerson with an outline of your story, or any suggestions for articles firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you become involved?
As a young Aussie in our kidney community you may wish to share your concerns and thoughts with others. Our Consumer Participation Council wants to know issues affecting youth in our Australian kidney community.
KidneyHealthAus KidneyEd TV - YT Playlists selected by us
View reviewed high quality education YouTube videos grouped into playlists - learn more about your kidneys and kidney failure. Lots of cool animations
Youth Helpline 1800 551 800 (24 hrs every day) www.kidshelp.com.au
Fun and friendly website, a place where you can get help and connect. What is Kids Helpline? Young people (5 to 25 year) can phone, email or chat online with a counsellor!
Can online support groups or social networking sites make you healthier?
Support groups are growing fast online- see ABC Health and Wellbeing - Health benefits of social networking
You are invited to join Livewire
Support for kids, teens and families to hang out and yap, share experiences and know you are not alone. Free for anyone 10 to 21, with serious illness or disability. Register at www.livewire.org.au call 1300 727 827 or email@example.com
Kidney Health Information Service (KHIS line) For people with, or affected by, kidney and urinary disease
National Relay Service www.relayservice.com.au - free phone solution for hearing impaired or those with speech impairment.
Use this service to connect to our KHIS line - quote 1800 4 54363 as '9' is silent for this purpose.
TTY/Voice 133 677 | Speak & Listen (SSR) 1300 555727 I www.iprelay.com.au/call/index.aspx
YOUTH LINKS - surf websites with fun resources, CKD sites especially for you
Education websites for young adults with CKD
Forums for people like me with CKD
Young@NKF has been put together by young patients for young patients
Siblings Australia Inc Support for brothers and sisters of people with special needs; including disability, chronic illness and mental health issues - forums, workshops and other good programs
YAP Space You can YAP chat in a secure space (hint - check in 7 pm) or post on Forum. (Registration essential). If you prefer, comment on our Kidney Blog (no registration).
Social networking and more
DaVita Highly recommended USA site - CKD, emotional health and wellbeing - sexuality, anger, depression, holiday blues, caregiver stress, sleep, positive thinking, benefits of pets, etc.
- Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) diet Lower blood pressure through diet and exercise
- Hair, nails and Chronic Kidney Disease DaVita
- Live Life Well NSW Health Resource
- myDr.com.au - Health Toolkit Calculators to assess your health and wellbeing status, risk tests and learn more about healthy living with interactive quizzes
- Staying Healthy HealthInsite - loads of info for you to live a healthy and fun life
- Teen Health Information USA - offers loads of links to articles on stuff you want to know about
- There’s No Such Thing As A Silly Question Guide for families living with a child with chronic illness, disability, mental illness or life-threatening condition - free from Women’s & Children’s Hospital Foundation - 08 8464 7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpline numbers and websites
Kidney and Urinary Tract education resources - awesome 3D animations
Think about organ donation and transplantation - The Gift of Life
UPDATED 29 APRIL 2013