Do you have renal experience and are seeking a new challenge? Tired of shift work? Keen to play a critical role in improving the quality of life of people with kidney disease? Then you may be our next Kidney Health Information Officer. If you enjoy a dynamic work environment and are searching for a rewarding position, then this is the job for you!
At Kidney Health Australia, we help to create healthier communities through increased awareness and early detection of kidney disease. We connect kidney patients to vital resources and services to help them manage their condition and achieve a better quality of life. And we work closely with the clinical and research community to support treatment and research improvements and innovations so that one day, every Australian will have healthy kidneys.
About the role
Reporting to the Community and Engagement Services Manager, we are looking for an experienced renal health professional to work Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays in this part-time, fixed-term role.
The Kidney Health Australia Helpline is the first port of call for many people living with or affected by kidney disease and their family members and carers. The Kidney Helpline provides critical information and support to enquirers, at a time when it’s most needed. Some of the critical activities of the role include:
- Delivering high-quality health information and advice related to kidney health issues through the Kidney Helpline via telephone and email
- Implementing triaging protocols for all enquires to the Kidney Helpline
- Providing general information about Kidney Health Australia programs and services
- Connecting people to appropriate resources, programs and services of Kidney Health Australia
- Managing Kidney Health Australia’s standard response library for dissemination across all communication channels
- Providing appropriate advice regarding referral to other community organisations or health services
- Coordinating distribution of consumer resources ordered via email, Kidney Helpline or website
- Maintaining a strong relationship with renal units nationally to promote the Kidney Helpline and our community programs and services
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in nursing/health/social sciences or another relevant discipline
- Working knowledge of the Australian health care system
- Demonstrated knowledge of kidney and urinary tract diseases and related health management strategies
- Experience working with renal units
- Experience in managing consumer health data within a CRM system observing data protection and privacy laws
- Experience in handling health-related enquiries with confidentiality
- Experience in working within a customer-facing team responsible for the dissemination of health information
- Demonstrated experience in handling enquiries that are sensitive or challenging
How to Apply
- Please submit the following: (1) A cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria contained in the PD located on our website (2) A resume outlining your skills, experience and qualifications.
- A current Police Check and Working with Children Check are required
- Applications close at midnight on 11 January 2021
- PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF RESPONSES ANTICIPATED FOR THIS ROLE, ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
*** No Recruitment Agencies ***
View Position Description
Apply for role