The difference your donation can make
- $55 helps us fund a life-saving call to the Kidney Helpline
- $80 helps us fund educational resources to prevent as many people as possible suffering kidney disease
- $200 helps us train health professionals in early diagnoses and recognising early signs of kidney disease
- $500 helps us cover the running costs of the Big Red Kidney Bus, providing families on holiday dialysis
- $1,000 helps us fund the return travel to the Kidney Kids camp for a child with kidney disease
- $3,000 helps us cover the cost of a family to stay at the Kidney Transplant House after transplant surgery
- $5,000 helps us fund research that could improve treatments and one day find a cure for kidney disease.
What we achieved together in 2019
Thanks to the kindness of individuals, community groups, trust and foundations and government grants, Kidney Health Australia received $8.6 million in donations in 2019. Below is the positive impact of these generous donations.
- 314 patients and their families were given the opportunity to escape routine and take holidays they’ve always dreamed of thanks to Big Red Kidney Bus. A total of 1188 dialysis sessions were run over the year.
- 50 people, encompassing both patients and their families, were able rest and recover in the supportive environment of Kidney Transplant House after life-saving transplant surgery.
- 102 children were given the chance to have fun, build self-esteem, make new friends, and forget about their condition by attending Kidney Kids Camp with their siblings.
- 45,000 health professionals were able to improve their knowledge and skills relating to kidney disease treatment and care through our primary Care Program.
- 500,000+ resources were distributed. These resources empower people to better understand kidney disease, as well as manage its effects, so they can live fulfilled lives.
- $250,000 was dedicated to research aimed at improving quality and duration of life for people living with kidney disease.
- 15,681 kidney health checks were completed, enabling us to increase community awareness and highlight individuals’ risk of kidney disease. Together, this is how we change lives.
Our promise to you
Kidney Health Australia is a registered charity committed to transparency and accountability. When you donate to our cause, or become involved with the Kidney Health Australia community, you can rest assured we will promise you the following.
- We’ll tell you exactly what’s been done with your money. We have an approved Registered Charity Tick from the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC), which ensures we meet rigorous reporting requirements.
- We’ll keep you up to date by sending our newsletters and emails, and sometimes making phone calls, so you can hear about the positive impact you’re making.
- We’ll take on board your feedback. We’re always looking to improve so we welcome you to email email@example.com with any input or ideas.
- We’ll regularly share publications on our website for you to download and review anytime, so you always know what we’re up to. Read our latest Annual Report.
- We’ll support you, your family, and other loved ones around you during your kidney disease journey. Whether it’s providing advice via the free Kidney Helpline (1800 454 363) or a safe and secure home to recover thanks to our Kidney Transplant House, our team is here for you.