We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist us at the Brisbane Racing Club. For this event, volunteers will be working in pairs to mange our stand at the event entrance and walk around the grounds collecting donations from 10am - 2pm.
Volunteers are welcome to join us on one or both dates available. Please let us know in your application which date(s) you would like to assist with. Volunteers will be required from 10am - 2pm on the day of the event.
- QLD Guinness Day: Saturday 1 May, Eagle Farm, 11.00am - 3.00pm
- Doomben 10,000 Day: Saturday 15 May, Doomben, 11.00am - 3.00pm
- Doomben Cup Day : Saturday 22 May, Doomben, 11.00am - 3.00pm
- Derby Day : Saturday 29 May, Eagle Farm, 11.00am - 3.00pm
- Oaks Day: Saturday 5 June, Eagle Farm, 11.00am - 3.00pm
- Stradbroke Day: Saturday 12 June, Eagle Farm, 11.00am - 3.00pm
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Representing Kidney Health Australia at the stand – We will provide you with information to answer any tricky questions
- Engaging with the race day attendees and asking for their kind donations to support those living with kidney disease in Australia
- Carrying money tins around and collecting donations from race day attendees
Qualifications and skills:
- Friendly and easy going
- Comfortable in large excited crowds
- Confident talking to racegoers
- Comfortable engaging people to ask for their donations
- Must be able to stand for a long period of time
- Empathy and understanding of the issues experienced by people who have or are affected by kidney disease
Training and Support
- Volunteers will be required to complete a short online induction for this event
- We will provide you with what you need to know about Kidney Health Australia before the event and information to support you on the day
- A coordinator will be there on the day to help answer any questions and provide you with any merchandise or equipment to perform your role
Volunteers will be required to arrange their own transport to and from the event.
You will be provided with a t-shirt, cap and lunch on the day as well as free entry and free parking. As you will be on your feet for this event, we encourage you to wear comfortable shoes and attire on the day.
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our employees and volunteers.
To ensure we are recruiting dedicated and professional volunteers who have the skills and experience appropriate for this role, we will conduct a phone interview prior to the event and provide you with all the information that you need to know.
For more information contact 1800 454 363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this position now!