The Kidney Health Australia Helpline is the first port of call for many people with kidney disease and their family members or carers. It is the moment when enquirers have contact with someone who can provide the information and support, they are searching for, at a time when they need it most. As a Kidney Helpline Volunteer, you will assist the team with the following tasks:
- Delivering high quality health information and advice related to kidney health issues through the Kidney Helpline via telephone and email
- Connecting people to appropriate resources, programs and services of Kidney Health Australia
- Providing appropriate advice regarding referral to other community organisations or health services
- Coordinating distribution of consumer resources ordered via email, Kidney Helpline or website
- Provide call-back service via booking system to individuals with risk factors of kidney disease or those who are newly diagnosed
Qualifications and skills
The following qualifications and skills are desired for this volunteer role:
- Tertiary qualifications in nursing or allied health
- Renal experience or a personal connection to kidney disease
- Confident phone and communication skills
- Experience working in a customer facing role
Location and time commitment
Adelaide or Melbourne based preferred, with flexible office and working from home days. National enquiries will be considered.
1 - 2 days per fortnight, potentially more when required.
Training and Support
- We will provide training for you in this role so that you can operate our phone and database system to capture and record all interactions via phone and email
- You will be provided with training so that you are familiar with Kidney Health Australia services and programs
- A coordinator or staff member will be available to contact to provide support
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our employees and volunteers.
To ensure we are enlisting dedicated and professional volunteers who have the skills and experience appropriate for this role, we will conduct an interview and we will also request the following as part of our screening process:
- National Police Check
- Valid Working with Children Check
For more information contact 1800 454 363 (option 5) or email firstname.lastname@example.org