We are looking for two volunteers at each Transplant House location in Adelaide (SA), Brunswick East (Victoria) and Morely (WA). The Volunteer Community Programs Officer role would suit someone with a friendly and caring attitude to help the Community Programs Coordinator with welcoming transplant patients and their carers into the Transplant House, assisting with any queries and ensuring the house is stocked. There will be some general administrative and house maintenance duties from time to time, but the main purpose of this role is to help make the patient and their carer feel as comfortable as possible during their stay and offer a friendly face. The volunteer will need to travel to and from the house at varying times depending on the timing and needs of the patient and their carer.
As required. Average 2 times per month site visit. This is an ongoing position.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Welcoming patients and carers at the house to assist with check in, taking payment for the bond and answering general queries about the house and local amenities
- Checking in with patients and carers during their stay and post operation
- Meeting patients and carers at the end of their stay to check out and ensure the required paperwork is completed
- Checking the property is restocked with basic supplies using a checklist
- Assisting with house inspections and reporting any issues requiring maintenance
- Meeting external suppliers or contractors at the house to undertake maintenance
- Collecting feedback and entering it into the database
- Collecting any mail at the house
- Assisting the team with any media enquiries on site
- Occasional administration assistance to support the Community Programs Coordinator
Qualifications and skills
- Great communication skills and ability to build rapport
- Confident and able to problem-solve
- Empathy and understanding of the issues experienced by people who have or are affected by kidney disease
- Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Basic understanding of databases
- Good attention to detail
- Able to travel to and from the Transplant House
As you are required to travel to and from the Transplant House, this position would suit someone living in nearby locations. For those using their vehicle as the main mode of transport, you will need to have a valid driving license.
Training and Support
- Training will be provided for the successful applicant
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our employees and volunteers. We will conduct a phone interview prior to appointment, and if you are successful in getting the role, we may need to collect from you the following information before you begin volunteering with us:
Apply for this position now!
- Current police check
- Working with Children Check
- Current Driver's License (if applicable)
- For more information about this role, please call our Kidney Helpline on 1800 454 363 (and ask for volunteering) or email@example.com